BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Anger Management


So today was just one of those days! Allow me to vent...

I've been having issues with this new attorney...let's call her La Bruja...EVER since she started working with us. I'm generally a nice person and can get along with almost anyone...but this lady gets under my skin! She talks down to me all the time...and if you saw this woman...you'd see she's no big fuss. She's the most disheveled attorney i've ever seen. She talks like she's catching her breath all the time and sweats profusely. NO ONE in our office likes her (other than the boss) and even clients call us complaining about her talking too much and saying they dont understand what she's saying because she talks without taking breaths.

So a part of my job is to deal with the Discovery, among other things, and every time I receive it from the police department or court I put it in the client's file and write on the file "DISC REQ RECEIVED" and the date (disc meaning discovery and req meaning request...just in case ;) ) . She comes to the room huffing and puffing as always and throws the file on my desk and starts yelling that I didn't get all the Discovery...I was said yes i did it's in the file...she keeps talking like i'm a moron and screams "WELL THEN WHERE IS THE 'DISK'??? I HAD TO ADJOURN THE CASE BECAUSE YOU WROTE THAT THE 'DISK' WAS RECEIVED AND YOU OBVIOUSLY LOST IT". I smirked and said..."Do you know that disk is spelled with a "k"??? " she said "yes" and then I said "well "DISC" on this note means DISCOVERY...what did you think "req" meant???"...my co-workers are laughing so hard at this point...I made her feel as stupid as she tries to make me feel (obviously I'm aware i'm not stupid but she tries)...ha!

I can't stand her and it's obvious she can't stand me. She apparently thought I was a "white" girl from GA....and unfortunately for me she's a PR...grrr...someone told her I went to Law School and she replied to me saying "well I guess I could see that you could be smart"...grrr! I told my boss that she HAS to go..it's either he fires her...or gets me some anger management classes and some blood pressure medication (not really...but i had to exaggerate)...and he put an ad up on Craigs List today! *Yay* I hope she's out soon (and falls down...right Dannah?)! She's such a meanie I wanna smack her across the face with one of our thick files!

Ok...glad I got that out :) Tonight for dinner Robert came over and cooked some fish and veggies for us. He left to go play baseball...his team is called the "Chupacabras" haha...they're gonna freeze their butts off with this tornado like winds goin on here! I just made a homemade parfait for dessert...2 strawberries, weight watchers low fat vanilla yogurt and a pinch of granola. Now i'm gonna study for a bit before Glee comes on!

I hope you guys have had a wonderful Tuesday! Lovings!

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Kudos for standing up to 'la bruja'...don't ever let anyone talk down to you. I'm proud of you baby!

Dannah said...

I don't like her already. She needs to go!! Love you!!!